How To Make A Healthy Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich (PB&J)
In this video I show you how to make a classic American snack, Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich (PB & J), healthy style.
I show you how to switch up your ingredients with some clean and wholesome foods.
– Wheat Free, Ancient Grain Bread (Spelt, Rye, Quinoa bread)
– Fresh Strawberries
– Splenda (Sucralose) or Truvia (Stevia)
– Coconut Oil
– A Lemon
1. Take the tops off your strawberries and throw them into a pan. Using your own fruit means you can buy fresh and ripe fruit that’s in season.
2. Add 1 tablespoon per 2 cups of fruit of Pectin. This gives it the glossy gel set effect.
3. Add 3 squeezes of lemon which will heighten the flavour of your fruit.
4. Add 1 cup of Stevia for every 2 cups of fruit. Half as much sweetener as you use fruit.
5. Keep on the stove to a very low heat for about 15 minutes, until the fruit is reduced down into a mush.
6. Turn the heat down, and put your jam into a container and refrigerate.
7. Take a cup of nuts and 1/3 the amount of liquid form coconut oil and blend.
8. Your mixture will be liquidy, bring this back to room temperature to solidify and there you have your nut butter. 9. To make your sandwich, cut two slices of your wheat free bread. 10. Spread a generous amount of your jam and nut butter and you have your very own healthy peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
How To Make A Healthy Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich (PB&J) – the video
New videos are released onto the ‘Miller The Pillar’ YouTube Channel three times per week:
Friday: Life Hacks