How to make healthy empanadas
In this video I share with you one of my favourite recipes for healthy and delicious empanadas!
Organic mince (beef, pork or diced chicken)
2 Cups of spelt flour
Glass of cold water
1 Clove of Garlic
1 Red chilli pepper
Red wine vinegar
1 Sweet potato
1) Add two cups of spelt flour and a pinch of salt into a bowl.
2) Crack in an egg and add a tablespoon of oil and half a cup of cold water. Add more water or flour if necessary to get the pastry to a pizza dough like consistency.
3) Chop an onion, a clove of garlic and a red chilli pepper and add to a frying pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil at a medium heat.
4) Put your mince into a bowl and add a table spoon of paprika, a small amount of sugar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5) Mix the spices in well and add the mix to the onions.
6) Peel a sweet potato and then grate before adding to the frying pan.
7) Chop a red pepper and two tomatoes and add them to the mix with a tablespoon of red wine vinegar.
8) Line two baking trays with grease proof paper.
9) Spread spelt flour onto a chopping board and divide your pastry into four. Roll each piece of pastry into a rough circle.
10) When the filling is cooked place a spoonful onto half of the pastry leaving enough room to close the it over.
11) Top the mixture with chopped oregano and pinch the pastry together.
Cook the empanadas for around 15 minutes at 190° C and serve with salad!
How to make healthy empanadas – the video
New videos are released onto the ‘Miller The Pillar’ YouTube Channel three times per week:
Friday: Life Hacks